League 1: China – LighthouseSaturday, 5:30 p.m., DGS 1
League 1: Fast – University of CraiovaSaturday, 8:30 p.m., DGS 1
Ilie Dumitrescu: “I will support England, they are my favourite!”
“It seems to me that it will be the most interesting edition of the World Cup. It is because usually this competition was at the end of the season. And now it is in the middle of the season, which means that in terms of physical preparation and sports form is an extraordinary moment. And I think it will be the best edition of the World Cup. That’s what I think and that’s what I hope”.said Ilie Dumitrescu, for Agerpres.
Participating with the Romanian national team in the World Cups in 1990, 1994 and 1998, Ilie Dumitrescu affirms that France, Brazil and Argentina they have a good chance of winning the trophy.
“It’s hard to say who will win. France have a very good generation, Brazil look very good, Argentina too… so it’s hard to say now who will win. But I will support England, they are my favourites.”referred to the former international.
He mentioned that in world football, an era ends with the last participation of players Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in an edition of the World Cup. “An era of world football is clearly ending. We already have other players coming from behind, we have a Haaland, a Mbappe, who have taken shape so to speak… But they are far from what Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have achieved. For my part, I am proud to be a contemporary of Messi and Ronaldo.”said Dumitrescu.
A player to be named best of the World Cup needs the support of the team to which he belongs, believes Ilie Dumitrescu.
“To be the figure of the World Cup, the team must also help you. Mbappé has extraordinary qualities, of course, but to be the best player in the World Cup, he must also be helped by the team. “ specified the “Golden Generation” component.
Ilie Dumitrescu believes that to qualify again for a World Cup edition, Romania needs investment.
“We all want Romania to join the World Cup. But for that we have to work harder, invest more in this area. Because otherwise it’s quite complicated, you see what is happening in the neighbors where the progress is obviously, but with infrastructure, with investment, with strong internal competition and results in Europe. And when you have all that, you can also end up with results at national team level.” mentioned Dumitrescu.
SF! This is what the 8 stadiums where World Cup matches will be played in Qatar look like
The 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup will be held in Qatar from November 20 to December 18, 2022. It will be the first World Cup organized in the Arab world and the second organized in Asia after the 2002 edition in South Korea and in Japan. The final tournament in Qatar will be the last to be held in a 32-team system, with the number rising to 48 selected from the 2026 World Cup in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
The Romanian national team did not qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Romania took part in seven editions of the World Cup, 1930, 1934, 1938, 1970, 1990, 1994 and 1998. The best result was achieved in the 1994 edition in the United States of America, when she reached the quarter-finals.
Arena capacity and match distribution:
- Stade Lusail in Lusail, capacity 80,000 seats, inaugurated in 2022 – five group matches, one of the eighths, one of the quarters, one of the semi-finals, the final
- Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, capacity 60,000, inaugurated in 2021 – five group matches, one round of 16, one quarter-final, one semi-final
- Al Janoub Stadium in Al Wakrah, 40,000 capacity, inaugurated in 2019 – five group matches, one out of eight
- Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium in Al Rayyan, capacity 40,000, inaugurated in 2020 – five group matches, one out of eight
- Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, capacity 40,000, inaugurated in 1976 – five group matches, one round of 16, minor final
- Education City Stadium in Doha, capacity 40,000, inaugurated in 2020 – five group matches, one round of 16, one round of 16
- Stadium 974 in Doha, capacity 40,000, inaugurated in 2021 – five group matches, one in eight
- Al Thumama Stadium in Doha, capacity 40,000, inaugurated in 2021 – five group matches, one of the eighths, one of the quarters
Labels: Qatar , Ilie Domitrescu , world cup 2022
Follow the news on digisport.ro and on Google News
The new Digi Sport app can be downloaded from