League 2: Chiayna – the starFriday, 6:00 p.m., DGS 1
League 1: SEPS – oilFriday, 21:00, DGS 1
The FRF has published the tie-breaking criteria for the Romanian Cup. You can even watch playoff games!
The fact that in the event of a tie, after the criteria of Article 27 para. 3 will be exhausted, the criteria of art. 27 par. 4 of the ROAF, which clearly states that the tie-break will take place after the play-offs.
- 24 teams were divided by lot into 4 groups of 6 teams each (two teams from each value urn, three in number).
- All teams play, in groups, a match with a team from the urns of value 1, 2 and 3, played on the grounds of the lowest ranked teams last season.
- The top two teams from each group qualify for the quarter-finals. The group winners will play the quarter-final matches at home.
The main tie-breaking criterion is the number of points obtained in direct matches played between teams tied on points. Six tiebreakers have been devised for the oddest situations.
“In accordance with the regulations of the competition and as the participating clubs have also been informed, in the main group stage, the tie-breaking criteria provided for in art. 27 par. 3 of the ROAF, and if even after their application the equality will be maintained, the tie will be made in accordance with article 27 par 4 of the ROAF.
How to reach the Romanian Cup play-offs
Article 27 para. 3 provides: “If two or more teams accumulate the same number of points after having played all the scheduled matches of the championship/regular season, the classification will be established on the basis of the application, in order, of the following criteria:
- a) Highest number of points obtained in direct matches played between teams tied on points;
- b) better goal difference in direct matches;
- c) greater number of goals scored in direct matches;
- d) greater number of away goals scored in direct matches;
- e) best overall goal difference (the difference between goals scored and conceded in all matches in the league);
- f. most goals scored in all league games.”according to the post published today on frf.ro.
We embark on a journey where the science behind temperatures leads to new discoveries. From 9:00 p.m., on Digi World, in Digi Online.
If other tie-breaking criteria are necessary, then a limiting criterion will be reached, a “play-off” match.
“Art. 27 para. 4 provides: “If even after the application of these criteria equality is maintained, play-off matches will be played to determine the winner of the title, promotion, relegation or participation in the European competitions.is it also specified in the article posted on the official website of the FRF.
Labels: Romanian Cup quarter-finals , Romanian Cup groups , Romanian Cup Criteria , Romania Cup Tie
Follow the news on digisport.ro and on Google News
The new Digi Sport app can be downloaded from